Fire & Water Damage at Sturgis Church
The Potters Church in Sturgis suffered a large fire in 2015. SERVPRO of Branch and South Calhoun, SERVPRO of North Calhoun, and SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo and West Kalamazoo lent a helping hand to Sturgis local SERVPRO. The fire caused damage throughout the church with smoke and soot. The church was all affected by water when the fire department put the fire out. Sometimes walls can be cleaned and painted over to rid the smell of smoke. Drywall and insulation normally needs to be removed because the smell is embedded in it. The carpet was also not salvageable due to heavy soot and odor.