What To Do Until Help Arrives: Biohazard
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazards can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
Here are some quick Do’s and Don’ts if you ever encounter a situation where you might be exposed to a biohazard or trauma situation:
- Stay out of affected areas, you do not want to track any fluids by stepping in it.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Attempt to do any clean up yourself.
- Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo is trained to safely and effectively remove bio hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations.