Don't Let Frozen Pipes Interrupt your Business in Kalamazoo
Frozen pipes can really put a halt on your business. With freezing temperatures this January, don’t let your business be a victim to frozen, or busted pipes. Thanks to the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety, here are some ways to prevent frozen pipes.
- Seal the interior and exterior of any cracks or hole that may bring in cold air.
- Relieve pipe pressure by letting the faucet drip during extremely cold weather.
- Keep the building warm. The building should not get below 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Install backup power to ensure your building will be heated.
- Use pipe insulation to insulate your most susceptible pipes.
- Be sure to drain any water supply if the building is going to become unoccupied.
For more information you can visit, https://disastersafety.org/ibhs/frozen-pipes-commercial/