What to do after a house fire in Parchment, MI
SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo is always there to help and make it "Like it never even happened." Listed below are things you can do until SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo arrives:
- Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet.
- keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim, and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.