Emergency Tips for Water Damage in your Vicksburg, MI Home
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper action until your SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo Professional arrives. Please follow the following DOs and DON’Ts to help reduce water damage and to increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Shutoff the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe access water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
If water damage occurs in your home, call SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo at (269) 342-2366. We are always here to help!