Handling a Grease Fire in Your Climax, MI
Cooking is one of the leading causes of house fires and home injuries. One of which being the common household grease fire. Grease fires burn hot and can spread quickly. If not handled properly they can be dangerous. If a grease fire occurs in your home, remember these tips.
- Turn off the heat source.
- Cover the flames with a metal lid or pan to cut off oxygen to the fire.
- If the fire is small, use baking soda to smother it.
- Do not pour water onto the flames.
- Do not fan the fire. It could spread the flames.
- As a last resort, use a chemical fire extinguisher to extinguish the flames.
As a leader in fire restoration, SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo is equipped for the job. Our crew responds quickly, making fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (269)342-2366.