Make sure to USE CAUTION After a Fire!!
Call the professionals for fire restoration and remediation! Call SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo today! (269)-342-2366
After a Fire - Use Caution
While waiting for help to arrive, safety is key:
- Assess whether it’s safe to stay in the house.
- Look out for electrical and “slip and fall” hazards.
- Only attempt activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
- If safe to enter, and weather permits; open windows and doors to “air out” structure and reduce smoke odors.
What You Should Not Do After a Fire:
Don't Wash Walls or CarpetDon’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your local SERVPRO as using the inappropriate product or method could lead to additional or irreversible damage.
Don't Clean Electrical AppliancesDon’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances, including computers or digital devices that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service. Call the professionals for fire restoration and remediation! Call SERVPRO of East Kalamazoo today! (269)-342-2366